This is obviously just a plan for a cover; I’m pretty much artistically talentless but I’m a little bit obsessed by this idea and would love to see it made by another, more talented Nerdfighter.
I’ve interpreted the title as thus:
- John said he sort of disagreed with the Shakespeare quote
- “The fault, Dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves” – an argument for free will, and against the idea of fate?
- Fate being determined by stars, and Cancer being a constellation and Zodiac / star sign.
- The title, again John disagreeing with the original implication, then meaning that the fault (i.e. cancer) isn’t within the characters’ control, but in the stars (i.e. fate) – The Fault In Our Stars.
- Hence the use of the Cancer constellation.
Hope people can read my annotations OK 🙂
[submitted by afraidtodreamalittlebigger]
I really like this idea