I’m pretty sure there’s some mathematical geniuses at Shad in addition to direction readers but I know 100% there’s a ton of rubix cubes (including 5by5 ones) and either way I’m impressed 🙂
oh yeah, and btw I graduated yesterday
okay, so here’s the deal, I’m graduating tomorrow. There’s a big ceremony and I’m giving a speech and everything. The next day is prom and the day after that I’m flying across the country for the first month of an intense summer – basically involving more school. I also, somehow in there possibly have a date with a guy I unexpectedly quite like and have gotten pretty positive signals from for the most part. My room is literally a disaster area and the floor is nothing but a faint memory. A ton of my family is in town, some coming from far as Vancouver. Life is hectic, but I want to slow down for a second and write down what I learned so that I don’t forget it.
- calculus is different from algebra, and I am better at it. do not underestimate myself
- i like pretty dresses
- don’t forget the key
- its worth the time to document memories
- there is no point feeling insecure about something you can’t change, might as well embrace it and move on
- laughing at yourself eases awkwardness
- socks are an essential part of my wardrobe
- once I’m behind on journaling it is unlike that I will catch up again. Scratch that, it won’t happen.
- blogging relieves stress
- I have a long way to go when it comes to time management
- don’t ever judge how someone will feel about you by how you see them and how you see yourself, it doesn’t work like that, try and think about how they see themselves and they see you, you might get closer to the mark
- debating ethical questions is a fun hobby
- I still like small classes better
- I can always make more excuses. Stop and just DO IT
- method is important when you’re lacking in inspiration, and there’s nothing wrong with that
- it’s good to have all types of friends
- slow dancing can be very awkward
- it’s hard for me to tell someone how I feel about them in words, from my mouth, but it’s also much more grown up then texting/fbing/messaging which I feel is quite lame, although easy
- make time count
- let people surprise me
- makeup is not evil
- doing my hair does not mean I am conforming
- try not to intrude
- forgive and remember is harder to do than forgive and forget, but protects your heart better
- feelings aren’t easy to explain, and usually don’t fall into a single category
- Delilah is the cutest puppy ever
- make time for the friends I love
- any peace is good, even temporary peace
- I change my mind a lot, I think that’s a good thing
- I like people who know who they are, regardless of who they are
- things are usually more complicated, or simpler than I think. oh well.
- there are always people to miss, and things to look forward, it’s less stressful to focus on now
- I have lots of heroes
- There is never time for the whole story
And with that, I’d like to say goodnight, and goodbye to high school FOREVER
The Settlers of Catan
This is a really fun game, even though Will aways wins.
So I’ve graduated from highschool. Well, I guess technically I haven’t graduated yet, but I’m done. entirely finished. I’m saying goodbye to close friends again, not for the first time, but for the first time this way. I’ve never had a large group of friends at school who I really click with before so this is new and sad. I’m also saying goodbye to the Youth Committee that really kept me going most of last year, and the beginning of this one. I’m literally flying away in less than a week in a half, and before I go I’m looking back. I did well here, I’m class Valedictorian, and I got 100% in Calculus, I worked hard up until and into my last two exams even though the marks won’t really change anything. I still stay up late and I still don’t care much for cooking and I still get swept up in the moment but I’m less afraid of things, and more confident about myself. I discovered how fascinated I really am with people and science and that it’s okay to disagree with your friends, even about major things like lifestyle. People aren’t really ever better than one another, just different. My reading style has grown up a bit, and I’m reading more real world stories, philosophy books, science fiction and less teenage drama. I’m really growing up
This is my favourite online comic. It’s called Mythfits and is about a unicorn and a robot in love, but the story is often led off track by this little guy. Click on the picture to see more 🙂
I’m planning to do some profiles on here really soon, and I’m quite excited about it. I really am fascinated by people. Valedictory speech first. And finals. But stay tuned!
And we can play Skype!