Colour in Context Project 7! (I’m very tired and these are the only pictures I took before handing it in but yay!)
GDES 1B09 Design Comm Assignment in progress
I love you and am planning to blog more in the near future. Please check the sidebar for the long list of projects that have been keeping me from you.
Soon my blog/reblog quotient will be much higher just the way I like it (and hopefully you will too)
I just started a project and am so excited.
Also, apparently if I pressure my boyfriend enough he will cave and come up with unbelievable, perfect puns on the spot. I know you had it in you mister!
Doing this! Painted bobby pins to match my nails.
I’m all about fashion subtleties. As in, the kind of style nobody notices until an awkward moment passes when we’ve both run out interesting things to say…
DIY Colorful Bobby Pins
Wanna add some color to your summer tresses? Well this d.i.y. couldn’t be easier! I’m talking seconds peeps. (It’s actually taking me longer to write this amazeballs post for you.)
– bobby pins or hair clips of your choice (doesn’t matter if they’re old & crusted because they’re about to get a makeover!)
– nail polishes
– a piece of paper/cardstock/index card
1. Space your bobby pins out on the piece of paper. (Pictured)
2. With your favorite nail polish in hand, lightly brush the top of bobby pin with polish until fully coated. (I only used 1 coat of polish, but would assume additional coats would only make the pins that much sweeter!) ***For Color-Blocked pins, see below!
3. Let dry.
**How to Create Color-Blocked Bobby Pins:
My pins had 5 “ridges” on the surface so I simply noted where the top of the 3rd ridge was & made sure that marker was where 1 polished ended & the other began.
I’ve also noted all the different colors of ZOYA nail polishes I used for this project (pictured). Hope you find some cool colors you love just as much I did 😀
Good luck my friends!
P.s. sorry for the major TYPO in my 1st pic guys :/ COLORFUL Bobby Pins…COLORFUL ;]
Oooh, must try sometime, I was just thinking about acquiring some colourful bobby pins 🙂
I wish I had the time to do things like participate in ze’s missions and draw little comics, and edit photos and write amateur articles for tumblr. Make stamps and journal more and the rest of it. Things that just take little chunks of times and use creativity, and things that take more time like designing tumblr theme and starting an etsy shop.
I recognize this wish and agree to put it mostly aside for the time being, because school is busy but worthwhile, and writing about stuff in the past can be as fun as the present, and I will always have more project ideas but that doesn’t mean I have to abandon the ones I have now. School is worth putting the time in to, and putting these projects aside for the time being, and I understand that and won’t punish myself for it.
And that doesn’t mean I can’t spend 5 minutes writing this, or doodling that, but my most precious projects may not get done, or very few may get done, and the things that do may just be because they flit through my mind at the right moment, and that’s okay for now.
- Feeling of Accomplishment (studying wise) (hopefully)
- Bubble Tea!
- Perhaps Pizza?
Through Exam Period
- Sushi with friends I haven’t seen in a while (ALL YOU CAN EAT FUN)
- Maybe Glee and pink lemonade with dinner after Biochem
- Eating a lot of chocolate, and feeling justified in doing so
- Lori is going to paint my finger nails like CANDY CANES, how great is that?
- Making use of some of those pi bucks AT LEAST getting a new book for the plane home
- Presents! Giving, Getting, Making
- Secret Craft Projects (for _ _ _ _ and _ _ _ _ _ )
- Seeing the Fam
- And Bethany!
- And Cranbrookians! (Grossmans, Jane + friends , Jordo and Dana, whoever else is around)
- And James + Fam
- Magic with James and Stephane and Johanna (and Annie and Clyde?)
- Finally get to play Mad Scientist University again
- perhaps enamelling?
- Games night with Juanita 🙂
- Some relaxation
- Getting the Tree with Daddy!
- Nail polish fun
- Creative Projects from my creative project list (including but not limited to photo organization and uploads, quote thing, more ordinary superhero comics, random article topics I’ve been saving up, and printing some photos)
- Girls night with Katie + Sora + Anita + Casey
- I’ll live next door to Sora and Anita and Casey!
- More time to visit Renison 🙂
- Magic with Kelvin, possibly tourny, possibly convince Sean to play
- Plan to see other friends: Haddie, Max, Ann, Jeff, Laura etc.
- Rockclimbing in Toronto
- Go visit JAMES FLYNN!
- Should probably make some plans with other on campus shads as well 😉
- Badminton with anyone who’s up for it
- NRG Marketing <3
- WIN Marketing <3
- Lots of Marketing <3
- Prezi tutorial for froshlings
- Probably will get to go to WIN seminars as a perk of my job at WIN =D
- More regular skype calls with Bethany/James/Jane
- Get cooking and chemistry going again (my attempt to encourage myself to cook by documenting it)
- More nerdfighterly things
- Get better at InDesign and Photoshop
- Perhaps write some letters, or poetry, or maybe the articles for tumblr are enough.
- TIME FOR READING AGAIN AHHHH!
- More stamp making
- I will live in an actual house 😀
Okay, now that I am overwhelmed by the amount of fun things I will be trying to fit in the next while I will be off to my studying.